Petrozavodsk State University offers a well-balanced combination of subjects to students who want to learn about the EU and its role in the modern world in English.
Petrozavodsk is the capital of the Republic of Karelia which has a long border with the European Union (723 km).
Our programme on European Studies provides students with knowledge and skills through multidimensional and interdisciplinary studying of European Union, its history, law, economy, policy, literature and mass media.
Our programme includes 14 courses:
1. The ideas of European integration and policy of the League of Nations
2. Middle East policy of the European Union in the beginning of the XXI century
3. Human capital in conditions of economic transformations in European
4. Europarliament: historical and contemporary trends
5. Internal policies of the EU: complications, problems and search for solutions
6. Legal aspects of the EU and Russia migration issues
7. National minorities rights in European and Russian law
8. European standards of voting rights in practice of the European Court of Human Rights
9. Modern European Literature: Nobel Laureates
10. Modern mass-media in the European Union
11. Cross-border cooperation as a factor of the EU economic development
12. EU-Russia economic relations: past, present and future
13. Common security and defense policy of the European Union
14. European Union energy policy
The duration of every course is 36 academic hours and after completion of a course you get 1 ECTS. It is up to you to decide the number of the courses. All the courses are optional and you can determine the content of your programme on European studies depending on your own interests.
Your own choice, absence of language barrier and comfortable atmosphere are the key elements of European studies in Petrozavodsk.
No matter if you are a student, a recent graduate, postgraduate student or just a person who wants to know more about the EU, please, come and visit us!
Our lecturers are highly qualified and experienced people with significant professional background.
Duration of the programme:
504 academic hours, 14 ECTS (maximum)
Cost of the programme:
The cost of the programme depends on the number of selected courses and students in a group.
Office 406, Anokhina str., 20,
Petrozavodsk, 185910, Republic of Karelia, Russian Federation
tel: +7(8142) 71-96-14;
fax: + 7(8142) 71-96-14